Pages

About this Blog

Welcome to Brainy Gossip!

Monday, June 19, 2017

Whom do you love the most?

Whom do you love the most? We may get answers like my family, my best friend, my dog and so on. What if I say the most neglected and the most important person to love is yourself. It may sound a little weird and even selfish sometimes to say that I love myself the most. But research proves that people who have love for themselves has the ability to love others too in the same way. So how do we express that love for ourselves? The answer is “ Me Time”

Sounds simple, but hardly followed in reality. Have you noticed the cause of resentment? People often say things like, “ Oh I hate my job” or “ All I do is just cooking & cleaning”. I agree sometimes it's true calling to switch professions and opt for something new. But most of the time it is simply because we didn’t take that slot to bolster ourselves. Now let's define our me time. Is it flipping channels for an hour? Is it browsing endlessly with no specific goal? Is it venting with a friend?and I am sure your gut says no.

Me time is something that you specifically want to do, something related to your passion, something that makes you grow. It could be reading a book, going for a class or even watching your favorite program. The test is, you must feel replenished rather than drained after your chosen activity.

Now comes the common blame, “ I don’t have time for all that”, “ I work full time”, “ I have kids”. The point is, you can either blame and be regretful or you can take ownership and actively infuse time for yourself on everyday basis. To start with, just aim for 30 minutes a day for yourself and I bet it will pave way for more ideas and adventures in your life !

No comments:

Post a Comment